Love yourself - yeah right, hippy.
I've met very few women who seem to genuinely have good self-esteem. I'm not sure what it is about our culture, but women from all walks of life seem to be trained to think they are worthless, and base their self-worth completely on their accomplishments or other things external to themselves.
I was raised in a loving household with a mom and grandparents, aunts and uncles, who told me regularly how fantastic I am. Nevertheless, I find myself constantly undervaluing myself - doubting my abilities, for example, if my coworker doesn't take my suggestion, or feeling like a failure as a mother when my double-booking causes me to miss a PTA meeting. I've always been an over-achiever, and always felt like I have to constantly prove how strong I am and what I can do. Is there any escape?
There is a multi-billion dollar industry offering solutions to my problem. The Small Business Association even has a special website addressing the topic for women business owners. Yet - here we still are - the most successful of us struggling every day to feel good enough. There has to be a simple answer. I'll let you know if I find it.
I was raised in a loving household with a mom and grandparents, aunts and uncles, who told me regularly how fantastic I am. Nevertheless, I find myself constantly undervaluing myself - doubting my abilities, for example, if my coworker doesn't take my suggestion, or feeling like a failure as a mother when my double-booking causes me to miss a PTA meeting. I've always been an over-achiever, and always felt like I have to constantly prove how strong I am and what I can do. Is there any escape?
There is a multi-billion dollar industry offering solutions to my problem. The Small Business Association even has a special website addressing the topic for women business owners. Yet - here we still are - the most successful of us struggling every day to feel good enough. There has to be a simple answer. I'll let you know if I find it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home